Assignment #2Demand Elasticities 1. As Gasoline Prices Soar, Americans Slowly Adapt… in March, Americans drove 11 billion fewer miles than in March 2007…“People have recognized that prices are not going down and are adapting tohigher energy cost.” … Americans spend 3.7 percent of their disposable incomeon transportation fuels. At its lowest point, that share was 1.9 percent in 1998,and at its highest it reached 4.5 percent in 1981… “We actually have a lot ofchoices, based on what car we drive, where we live, how much time we chooseto drive, and where we choose to go.” For many people, higher energy costsmean fewer restaurant meals, deferred weekend outings with the kids, less airtravel and more time closer to home. …International Herald Tribune, May 23, 2008Answer the following questions: 2. (i) List and explain the elasticities of demand that are implicitly referred to in thenews clip. (ii) Explain the factors identified in the news clip that may make the demand forgasoline inelastic. How inelastic is the demand for gasoline? If the demand for gasoline is relativelyinelastic, why does Joe’s Quick-Mart lose a lot of business when he raises his gasprices?
Assignment 2 Demand Elasticities – As Gasoline Prices Soar
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.