assignment 1In a 3–5-page APA formatted essay, identify two or more ethical obligations — as discussed, for example, in Chapter 16 of the Northouse text — allegedly breached by Smith or Halloran while in office. (These obligations will not “fit” perfectly, as the real world does not always match the academic world precisely. Contemplate and give the best answer.) In each case, describe the ethically-proper course of action that was not taken by the relevant actors. Does New York — like Chicago, Illinois, which was called the most corrupt city in the United States (Cody, 2012) — have a special culture where corruption is accepted or even expected? Be sure to contrast the differences between leadership and power. Also discuss whether Smith and Halloran’s behavior would have been unethical in the private sector.ReferenceCody, J. (2012). Chicago called most corrupt city in nation. CBS Chicago. Retrieved fromchicago.cbslocal.com/2012/02/14/chicago-called-most-corrupt-city-in-nation/assignment 2For your Final Project, you will consider the ethical obligations involved in the public administration sector by reviewing a case study.The Unit 9 Final Project is based primarily on the three articles assigned in this unit concerning “noble cause corruption.” Based on what you read in those three articles, any other assigned readings, and at least 2 other peer-reviewed sources not assigned in this course, thoroughly evaluate the leadership and ethical dilemmas found in the following scenario:ScenarioColonel Pat Bacon is the newly-appointed director of the department of state police. She has only been on the job 1 week when she receives reports of questionable conduct by some of her officer employees. When she looks into the matter, she discovers a culture of noble cause corruption, including the following three major ethical lapses:1. Planting of evidence2. Lying in court3. Falsifying police reports.The police officers justified their conduct by saying that they were convicting dangerous suspects.Write a memorandum from Colonel Bacon to her employees. The memo should be crafted as if it really was written from the Colonel to her employees as an internal-office memo, but the memo should also, for the sake of the Assignment and its educational value, cite sources properly in APA format. The memo from Colonel to her employees must address the following issues:1. Define noble cause corruption.2. Identify at least three critical points at which her officers make ethically-informed (if questionable) decisions.3. Analyze the possible ethical breaches involved in this scenario in the context of what you learned about noble cause corruption.4. Compare and contrast possible alternative responses to each ethical dilemma. (What is an alternative, for example, to planting evidence?)5. Clearly set forth the Colonel’s expectations for ethically-sound conduct by her employees.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.