Two computer science majors, Trent and Xavier, have an ideafor a new video game, which they propose to call “Hallowed.”They form a business and begin developing their idea.Several months later, Trent and Xavier run into a problemwith their design and consult with a friend, Brad, who is anexpert in designing computer source codes. Before Hallowedis marketed, however, the video game “Halo 2” is releasedfor both the Xbox and Game Cube systems. Halo 2 uses thesame source codes as Hallowed and imitates its overall lookand feel. Using the information presented in the chapter,answer the following questions.1. Would the name Hallowed receive protection as a trademarkor as trade dress?2. If Trent and Xavier had obtained a business processpatent on Hallowed, would the release of Halo 2 infringe ontheir patent? Why or why not?3. Based only the facts described above, could Trent andXavier sue the makers of Halo 2 for copyright infringement?Why or why not?4. Suppose that Trent and Xavier discover that Brad took theidea of Hallowed and sold it to the company that producedHalo 2. Which type of intellectual property issue does thisraise?
BLAW 3317 – Two computer science majors, Trent and Xavier
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.