1) Circle the letter of the right definition of a rock. A rock is a) a solid conglomerate ofminerals; b) an aggregate of solid minerals; c) a solid and natural mixture of minerals;d)a mixture of soils and minerals.2) Circle the letter of the right word or group of words. The three major divisions of rocksare (a) ignenous, metastone, and sediment, (b) metamorphic, sandstone and granite, (c)igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks, (d) quartz and sandstone, (e) all of theabove.3) Circle the letter of the right group of words. A mineral is (a) any naturally occurring, solidcrystalline structure, with an indefinite mineral composition, and chemical constituents;(b) any naturally occurring, solid, with an orderly crystalline structure, and a definitemineral constituents; (c) any naturally occurring, inorganic, solid, with an orderlycrystalline structure and a well defined chemical composition; (d) all of the above.a. List 1 example of a mineral.4) Circle the letter of the right group of words. The theory of Plate Tectonics identified 3main plate boundaries. The 3 plate boundaries are: a) convection cell, asthenosphere,and mantle; b) convergent, divergent and hot spot; c) convergent, divergent andtransform plate boundaries; d) transform, divergent and mid-oceanic ridge; d) all of theabove.5) True or false. Igneous rocks are formed as molten rock (magma/lava) cools andevaporates.a. Provide 1 example of igneous rock.6) Circle the letter of the right group of words. Sedimentary rocks are formed: a) fromtransportation, compaction, and erosion of pre-existing rocks; b)when magma cools,transported, deposited and solidified; c) by weathering, transportation, deposition andmetamorphism of preexisting rocks; d) form weathering, transporting, deposition,compaction and cementation of pre-existing rocks; e) all of above.7) Fill in the blank. The 2 types of textures commonly found in metamorphic rocks are ___and _____8) Circle the letter of the right group of words. Mass wasting refers to (a) weatheringtransportation and deposition of rocks and soil; (b) downslope movement of rock,regolith, and soil under the direct influence of gravity; (c) downslope movement of soiland water; (d) physical disintegration of rocks, soil and organic matter; (c) all of theabove. 9) Circle the letter of the right group of words. A soil is (a) decomposed rock material andwater; (b) a combination of minerals, inorganic matter, water that supports plants; (c) amixture of minerals, water and air; (d)a combination of minerals, organic matter, waterand air, that portion of the regolith that supports plants growth; (e) all of the above.10) Circle the letter of the right word. The physical removal of earth materials (e.g. soil,rocks, etc) and transportation from place to place by agents such as wind, water orglaciers is (a) weathering, (b) mass wasting, (c) lithification, (d) erosion, (e) all of theabove.11) List 3 destructions commonly caused by an earthquake.a. Use formal English to briefly explain the interaction/relationship betweenearthquake and tsunami.12) True of false. The two types of floods are regional and flash flood.A. Which one of the 2 types of floods is more deadly and why (be brief)?13) Provide 2 sources of groundwater contamination.a. True or false. Groundwater flows from lower to higher elevations underground.14) Fill in the blank. Earthquake originate from a point underground called_____.a? True or false. The epicenter of an earthquake is underground and below the focus ofthe earthquake.15) Circle the letter of the right group of words. A Mineral or ore deposit is: a) a naturallyoccurring concentration of one or more minerals that can be mined for profit; b) amineral resources that is not profitable; c) a depleted mineral mine; d) an unknownmineral; e) all of the above.16) List 3 functions of soil.17) Provide 2 similarities and differences between coal and crude oil (petroleum)
Circle the letter of the right definition of a rock
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.