Consider the model of political accountability by Persson where the discount factor is ? = 0.5, the status quo payoffs for the executive and legislature are x^S = 0.04 and l^ S = 0.04 respectively, and the utility functions for both the executive and the legislature are v(x) = ? x in each period.(1) Suppose one-player-veto checks and balances is used, namely the executive proposes (x, l) and the legislature chooses to veto or not. If the executive tries to grab as much as it can in the current period (and not being re-elected afterwards), how much it must offer to the legislature so that the legislature will not veto?(2) Under one-player-veto checks and balances, what is the voters’ equilibrium consumption level in each period?(3) If two-stage budgeting is used instead, what is the voters’ equilibrium consumption level in each period?
Consider the model of political accountability by Persson
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.