Fundamentals of Practical NursingAssignment: I & O Case StudyThe nurse taking care of a post-operative patient needs to monitor intake and output. Choose allitems from the list that should be included and document the correct amount for each area inmilliliters.When the nurse arrived for the shift at 0800, the patient’s catheter bag was emptied of 50cc oflight yellow urine. The patient had a 1000 milliliter bag of IV fluid hanging from the IV pole,and the IV running at a rate of 30 mL per hour. The patient had one cup of scrambled eggs, aslice of toast and 4 ounces of orange juice for breakfast. Following breakfast, the patient felt illand had one loose stool of 150mL. He complained of nausea so the nurse offered a can of gingerale. He sipped on this throughout the morning and by noon, when the nurse disposed of the can;he had taken 8 ounces of the soda. For lunch, the patient had 6 ounces of tomato soup, 4 ouncesof Jell-o, and 8 ounces of coffee. He also asked for ice-cream and the aide brought him a 4ouncecup of which he ate about half. Mid-afternoon the patient asked for grape juice and took aboutfour ounces, but then vomited about 350mL of purple liquid and undigested food. The aideemptied his catheter at the end of the shift of 640cc of yellow urine.1. What was the patient’s oral intake in eight hours?2. What was the patient’s IV intake in 8 hours?3. What is the patient’s total intake for the shift?4. What was the patient’s output in eight hours?5. What is the difference between the patient’s intake and output in both mL and ouncesand how significant is this? Page 1
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.