Critical Thinking Chapter 61. Suppose that the surface wind is blowing from the north along the Oregon coast. Predict thedirection of Ekman transport of surface waters. Would you expect coastal upwelling or downswelling?2. Compare the direction of Ekman transport in the subtropical gyres of the Northern Hemisphereversus the Southern Hemisphere. Explain the difference.3. How might rings (warm core and cold core eddies) influence the intensity of storm systems overthe ocean?4. How and why do coastal upwellling and downwelling affect sea surface temperatures?5. Define thermohaline circulation and describe how it is maintained in the ocean.6. What role is played by the Coriolis Effect in western boundary currents?7. Describe the relationship between trade winds and biological productivity along the equator.8. How does a semi- permanent subtropical atmosphere high pressure system influence the salinityof the underlying surface ocean waters?9. Describe the weather conditions that would favor upwelling along the Wisconsin coast of LakeMichigan.10. How does the wind direction over the Arctic Ocean compare to the direction of motion of theunderlying ice floes?
GEO 1080 – Suppose that the surface wind is blowing
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.