Homework – Growth AccountingThe homework asks you to perform growth accounting exercise for threecountries of your choice using the Penn World Tables. The three countriesshould include a rich country (choose between Canada, France, Germany, Japan,Italy, U.K., and U.S.), a Latin American country (choose between Argentina,Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, and Venezuela), and a Asian growthmiracle (choosing between China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, andTaiwan). Penn World Tables provide data on output, capital, labor, and factorshares to do the exercise. Since we are compare the same country over time,it’s better to use capital and output denominated in national constant prices(variables rkna and rgdpna). Use average factor shares over the accountingperiod in the exercise. Your accounting exercise should follow these steps:1. labor input can be measured as a product of employment (emp) and average hours worked (avh). Use this measure to perform the accounting exercise.2. The deficiency of the previous labor input measure is that it ignores thechanges in worker quality over time. PWT provide a measure of human capital(hc) that can be used to adjust for that. labor input now can be measured asa product of employment , average hours worked, and human capital. Use thenew measure to perform the accounting exercise. How is the result differ fromthe previous one? Do you think it’s important to account for quality changes?3. Try to look at the different periods for each country. Compare betweencountries and over time, comment on your findings and try to link them to whatthe countries actually experienced. 1
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.