Harley Davidson purchases components from three suppliers. Components purchased from Supplier A are priced at $ 5 each and used at the rate of 206700 units per year. Components purchased from Supplier B are priced at $ 4 each and are used at the rate of 25,000 units per year. Components purchased from Supplier C are priced at $ 5 each and used at the rate of 10,000 units per year. Currently Harley purchases a separate truckload from each supplier. As part of its JIT drive, Harley has decided to aggregate purchases from the three suppliers. The trucking company charges a fixed cost of $ 400 for the truck with an additional charge of $100 for each stop. Thus, if Harley asks for a pickup from only one supplier, the trucking company charges $ 500; from two suppliers it charges $ 600; and from three suppliers it charges $ 700. Harley incurs a holding cost of 20% (of the price) for each component. What is the minimal annual inventory cost of the new aggregate replenishment strategy ? What is the minimal annual inventory cost of the Harley’s current strategy of ordering separately from each supplier ? How much is the saving resulted ?
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.