Assignment Purpose:HIM professionals need to be able to apply data collection methodologies and compliance strategies to enhance patient safetyAssignment DescriptionThe health information management team at XYZ University Hospital contracted with an auditing firm to perform a coding review. The results from this baseline assessment are provided in below:Variation Log by Type of ErrorVariation Log by CoderVariation Log by Type of Error% of errorsInaccurate sequencing or specificity principal diagnosis, affect MS-DRG17%Inaccurate sequencing or specificity principal diagnosis, non affect MS-DRG16%Omission CC, affect MS-DRG33%Omission CC, non affect MS-DRG2%Inaccurate principal procedure, affect MS-DRG3%Omission procedure, affect MS-DRG4%More specific coding of diagnosis or procedure, non affect MS-DRG12%Inaccurate coding5%Missed diagnosis or procedure code8%Variation Log by CoderCoderError RateStandardCoder 13%5%Coder 29%5%Coder 38%5%Coder 42%5%Coder 54%5%Coder 616%5%Coder 712%5%Coder 83%5%Step One:You are the inpatient coding manager at XYZ University Hospital. Your director has asked you to develop a draft Corporate Compliance plan with an ongoing review and monitoring schedule for the next year based on the results from the outside review. Review the reports provided and determine a list of recommendations ( at least two recommendations based on Variation Log by Coder and two recommendations based on Variation Log by Type of Error)Step Two:Create a detailed Corporate Compliance plan that discusses your recommendations.Step Three:Ensure that the recommendations include elements from the AHIMA Standards of Ethical Coding and address the issues exposed by the audit. (Address at least two standards)Step Four:Ensure that the plan addresses Official Coding Guidelines and other coding regulations. (Address at least two Official Coding Guidelines or other coding regulations)Step Five:Ensure that the plan addresses patient safety as it relates to the audit findings. (Addresses at least two patient safety issues)This assignment must be submitted as an APA document created in Microsoft Word, a minimum of 2 full pages in length with at least two supporting references and attached to this assignment in Blackboard.
HEALTHCARE 2300 Assignment -The health information management
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.