Q21. I.B Michaels has a chance to participate in a new public offering by Hi-Tech Micro Computers. His broker informs him that demand for the 700,000 shares to be issued is very strong His brokerÃ¢s firm assigned 25,000 shares in the distribution and will allow Michaels a relatively good customer, 1.3 percent of its 25,000 share allocation.a. Compute the total dollar profit or loss on Mr. Michaels shares one week, one month and one year after the purchase. In each case, compute the profit or loss against the initial purchase priceb. Also compute this percentage gain or loss from the initial $30 price.c. Why might a new public issue be expected to have a strong aftermarket? 17. The bowman corporation has a 18 million bond obligation outstanding, which it is considering refunding. Though the bonds were initially issued at the 10 percent, the interest rates on similar issues have declined 8.5 percent. The bonds were originally issued for 20 years and have 10 years remaining. The new issue would be for 10 years. There is a 9 percent call premium on the old issue. The underwriting cost on the new $18,000,000 issue is $530,000 and the issue. The underwriting cost on the new $18,000,000 issue is $530,000, and the underwriting cost on the old issue was $380,000. The company is in a 35 percent tax bracket, and it will use an 8 percent discount rate (rounded after tax cost of debt) to analyze the refunding decision. a. Calculate the present value of total outflows. b. Calculate the present value of total inflows. c. Calculate the net present value d. Should the old issue be refunded with a new debt
I.B Michaels has a chance to participate in a new public
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.