Midas Pty Ltd carries on an interstate trucking business. It has two directors: Peter, the managing director, and his wife Maria, who is also the company’s secretary. Apart from its fleet of trucks, the company also owns the house where the directors live.Peter and Maria’s marriage has broken down and they have separated. Maria continues to live at the house and is not involved in the day-to-day operations of the company’s business. Peter lives in the house of his son, Andrew.Two months ago Peter, without telling his wife, borrowed $ 100,000 from the Honest Bank. The money was for his own use. The loan was secured by a mortgage over Midas’ house occupied by Maria. The mortgage was executed under the company’s seal, witnessed by Peter as a director and Andrew as a company secretary. However, contrary to the company’s constitution, board of director approval had not been obtained for the mortgage. At the time the mortgage was executed, Peter told Honest Bank that Maria had resigned as a company secretary and that Andrew had been appointed to that position.Maria has now been made aware that Peter mortgaged the house and she argues that Midas was not bound by the mortgage (2013 final exam questions)a. Can the Honest Bank enforce the mortgage? Why or why not?b. Identify and assess arguments that may be used by Midas Pty Ltd in defence of any action for enforcement of the contract by the Honest Bank.
LAW 9302-Midas Pty Ltd carries on an interstate trucking
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.