LEG 500 Assignment: Employment At Will Doctrine.In preparation for this assignment, use the Internet to research Virginia (USA) employment-at-will policy.LEG500: Assignment Instructions listed below:Imagine you are a recently-hired Chief Operating Officer (COO) in a midsize companypreparing for an Initial Public Offering (IPO).You quickly discover multiple personnel problems that require your immediate attention.1. John posted a rant on his Facebook page in which he criticized the company’s mostimportant customer.2. Ellen started a blog to protest the CEO’s bonus, noting that no one below director hasgotten a raise in two (2) years and portraying her bosses as “know-nothings” and “out-oftouch”3. Bill has been using his company-issued BlackBerry to run his own business on the side.4. After being disciplined for criticizing a customer in an email (sent from his personalemail account on a company computer), Joe threatens to sue the company for invasion ofprivacy.5. One of the department supervisors requests your approval to fire his secretary forinsubordination. Since the secretary has always received glowing reviews, you call herinto your office and determine that she has refused to prepare false expense reports forher boss.6. Anna’s boss refused to sign her leave request for jury duty and now wants to fire her forbeing absent without permission.As an astute manager, you will need to analyze the employment-at-will doctrine and determinewhat, if any, exceptions and liabilities exist before taking any action. As you proceed with yourinvestigation, you discover the company has no whistleblower policy.In preparation for this assignment, use the Internet to research Virginia (USA)employment-at-will policy.Write a five (5) page paper in which you:1. Summarize the employment-at-will doctrine discussed in the text and then evaluatethree (3) of the six (6) scenarios described by determining:a.Whether you can legally fire the employee; include an assessment of any pertinentexceptions to the employment-at-will doctrine.b.The primary action(s) that you should take to limit liability and impact onoperations; specify the ethical theory that best supports your decision.2. Examine your state’s policy on employment-at-will. Analyze at least one (1) realworld example of an employee or employer utilizing your state’s employment-at-willdoctrine in the last five (5) years. Include a summary of the main issue and the outcome inthe identified real-world example.3.Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not anacceptable reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch marginson all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, theprofessor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are notincluded in the required assignment page length. Provide original answers
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.