Read the case study below and answer questions 1-6.Ethics Case Study: To Rescue Others at What Risk?ACME Medical Center has been damaged seriously by a recent hurricane. A helicopter that is trying to rescue people stranded by the hurricane has crashed, hitting the wing of the building where the pediatric unit was located. In the midst of the explosion, fire, and confusion, five people make their way to the roof and wait for rescue. They are Mary, a mother carrying her ill infant who was a patient on the unit; Joseph, her husband and the baby’s father; John, a pediatric resident who had been caring for the baby; Margaret, the RN who was on duty in the pediatric unit; and Peter, a transport employee who was helping to prepare patients for rescue and evacuation.Mary says to the group, “I think I hear someone crying. Yes, I can hear cries for help. We’ve got to go back down the stairs and help those people!” Dr. John says, “You women stay here. Joseph and I will go back down and see what we can do.” Joseph looks first at his own ill infant and then down the smoke-filled stairs and replies, “I’m not going back down. It’s too risky. The smoke is too thick. We’d never make it through and survive.” Margaret, the RN, says, “We’ve got to do something. We can’t just let people die. I’d never be able to live with myself. Those are my patients and I need to help them.” Margaret runs down the stairs and disappears. Peter says, “You’re all crazy! In a situation like this it’s every man for himself!”Questions:What is the ethical dilemma?What is yourvalue and ethical position related to the case? Include discussion of theory and principles on which your position is based.What are some other alternatives for resolving the problem?What are the possible consequences for those acceptable alternatives?How would you prioritize the acceptable alternatives?What is your plan of action?
NRS-437V-ACME Medical Center has been damaged seriously
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.