Nissan Motors has been producing a particular ignition box for its car engines. The Fabrication Department of the company has a monthly demand of 500 ignition boxes (Part #37822) with a weekly standard deviation of 80. The leadtime for this part is two weeks. For the purposes of this problem, you may assume that each month is exactly 4 weeks long. Nissan requires a 97% service level for this item.In the Fabrication Department, 20 hours (with labor costs of $30 per hour) is allowed for each setup of Part #37822. The Accounting department has determined the variable cost per box of Part #37822 is $100, while the Finance Department requires a carrying cost of 25% per year of the value of any item in inventory. Order cost is $125/order.The Fabrication Department is using a Fixed Quantity/Variable Interval inventory management system.1) Determine how much they should order each time an order is placed.2) Assume Nissan wanted a 99.9% service level for this item. Based on this managerial decision, what should the reorder point be? What does this information tell you?3) Now assume Nissan wanted to change to using EOQ. Determine how much they should order each time an order is placed.4) What happens to the order quantity when the setup cost is reduced to 15 hours? What is the new EOQ? What can you determine about the relationship between EOQ and item cost?5) Using original parameters, what happens to the order quantity when the order cost increases to $150/order? What is the new EOQ? What is the relationship between order costs and EOQ?
SCM 302 – Nissan Motors has been producing a particular
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.