Running head: FIELD PROJECT #2Field Project #2: Building Accessibility for People with Severe Disabilities in the Community Part1- Locate four (4) buildings in your community document how accessible each facility is forstudents with severe disabilities.1. Marina Oyster Barn Restaurant2. Glorify God Ministries Children’s Church Daycare3. E.T. Davis Elementary School4. CVS/Pharmacy Store Part 2- Record what building renovations are needed to become 100% accessible.1. Marina Oyster Barn Restaurant- The front door and restrooms needs renovation. The frontdoor needs automatic opening doors which would allow the entrance easier to use.The restroomshould be minimum accessible toilet provision usually includes providing larger-than-standard- Running head: FIELD PROJECT #2sized cubicles with grabrails in separate sex washrooms for ambulant students with disabilities. Itshould also include separate unisex wheelchair-accessible toilets. Each restroom needs signs thatincorporate features such as visual contrast, embossed letters, easy-to-read text, Braille, and useof a recognisable symbol.2. Glorify God Ministries Children’s Church Daycare – The floor door needs to berenovation. The grey column at the corner of the patio cover could be a hazard to someone withvision loss. Changing the colour of the column to provide a visual contrast with the backgroundwould improve the accessibility of the entrance, as would provide markings on the glazedscreens. Manifestations or markings on the glass to make sure that it stands out for people withvision loss would help reduce the risk of someone walking into the glass.3. E.T. Davis Elementary School-The school, office, and classroom doors need renovation. Thefront entrance of the school needs automatic opening doors which would allow the entranceeasier to use. A colour contrasting panel at the office door handle could be used to highlight thelocation of the door handle. The door has a manual door closer, which can be difficult forstudents with mobility disabilities to use especially if the force required to open the door issignificant. Where their use cannot be avoided (for instance for fire safety reasons), door closersshould be adjusted to reduce the force required to open the door. Each door needs signs thatincorporate features such as visual contrast, embossed letters, easy-to-read text, Braille, and useof a recognisable symbol.4. CVS/Pharmacy Store – No renovation needed Part 3- Include at least 3-4 photos taken at the various sites.1. Marina Oyster Barn Restaurant Running head: FIELD PROJECT #2 2. Glorify God Ministries Children’s Church Daycare Running head: FIELD PROJECT #2 3. E.T. Davis Elementary School Running head: FIELD PROJECT #2 Running head: FIELD PROJECT #24. CVS/Pharmacy Store Running head: FIELD PROJECT #2Part 4- Provide a personal reflection
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.