Hide DescriptionClass Discussion topic context:Many in the United States believe we are in a post-racial/ethnic era. This means that race and ethnicity is no longer significant, and that racism is a thing of the past. Especially with the election of Barack Obama as President of the United States, it seems that the post-racial/ethnic belief has been evidenced. However, much sociological research has been able to empirically prove that race and ethnicity still matters and that racism is indeed real and alive. Despite social, economic and educational progress because of changes in racial policies and laws since 1964, much research has cited that the significance of race and ethnicity persists, and comes at a very high cost to people of color, which can come at a high cost to all of society.Read Chapter 11 on Race and Ethnicity in your OpenStax [email protected]:[email protected]/Introduction-to-Race-and-EthniBased on the chapter readings and other research you conduct:1) Discuss the differences between the words prejudice, discrimination, and racism. These words are often used interchangeably or synonymously, and sociologists are very concerned about this lack of understanding regarding the differences in meaning.2) Social scientists clearly understand these words have VERY different meanings and have very different implications for individuals, groups and societies, even in 2017.Provide one clear example (not the definition) for each word using a story or event or condition to better illustrate the differences for each word (illustrate what each word looks and sounds like on the ground). Your examples should be clear and specific regarding the meanings and the implications for individuals, groups and society.3) Based on the definitions and examples cited, in 2017, which of prejudice, discrimination or racism is easiest to prove exists in society and why? In 2017, which of these is the hardest to prove exists in society and why?
SOCI 1306 Discussion- Many in the United States believe
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.