1, Suppose the banking system does NOT hold excess reserves and the reserve ratio is 25%. If Molly deposits $1,000 cash in her checking account, the banking system can increase the money supply by:2, To _____ the money supply, the Federal Reserve could _____.increase; conduct open-market salesdecrease; lower the reserve requirementsdecrease; lower the federal funds rateincrease; lower the discount rate3, If the Fed conducts an open-market sale, bank reserves _____ and the money supply is likely to _____. increase; increasedecrease; decreaseincrease; decreasedecrease; increase4, Scenario: Money Supply ChangesThe reserve requirement is 10% and Jack withdraws $5,000 travel money from his checkable deposit. Assume that banks do not hold any excess reserves and that the public holds no currency, only checkable bank deposits.Reference: Ref 14-6(Scenario: Money Supply Changes) Look at the scenario Money Supply Changes. As a result of the withdrawal, excess reserves _____ by _____. decrease; $4,500decrease; $500increase; $5,000increase; $5005, Which of the following is a function of the Federal Reserve System? I. conducting fiscal policy II. examining and supervising commercial banks in the Fed regions III. evaluating corporate mergers I onlyIII onlyI,II, and IIIII only6,Scenario: First National BankFirst National Bank has $80 million in checkable deposits, $15 million in deposits with the Federal Reserve, $5 million cash in the bank vault, and $5 million in government bonds.Reference: Ref 14-11(Scenario: First National Bank) Look at the scenario First National Bank. The bank has liabilities of: $95 million.$80 million.$100 million.$105 million.7, Suppose a bank gets a new deposit of $100 cash and it has a 20% required reserve ratio. If the bank lends the maximum amount of money allowed, then the checkable deposits (including the original deposit) increase by: $500.$100.$20.$1,000.8, Which of the following assets is the MOST liquid?stockscurrencycheckable bank depositsmoney market mutual funds
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.