Think about the externalities, both negative and positive, that play a huge part in your life; and think about the sticks and carrots that attempt to align your self-interest with the social interest.You respond to the stick of the gasoline tax by buying a little bit less gas than you otherwise would. As you saw in Eye on Climate Change (p. 234), this stick is small compared to that in some other countries. With a bigger gas tax, such as that in the United Kingdom, for example, you would find a way of getting by with a smaller quantity of gasoline and your actions and those of millions of others would make the traffic on our roads and highways much lighter.You are responding to the huge carrot of subsidized tuition by being in school. Faced with full-cost tuition, many people would quit school. Without subsidized college education, fewer people would attend college and with fewer college graduates, the benefits we all receive from living in a well-educated society would be smaller.Think about your attitude as a citizen-voter to these two externalities.Have our politicians set the right incentives? Should the gas tax be higher to discourage the use of cars? Should tuition be even lower to encourage more people to go to school (and therefore, raise taxes to pay for subsidized education)? Or have we got these incentives just right in the social interest?Total about 200 Words Only,
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.