Case Study AnalysisAs one of the most widely-used prescriptions withdrawn from the market, Rofecobix highlights issues facing public health leaders during a drug recall. With approval by the Food and Drug Administration in 1999, Merck marketed the drug for public use. In 2004, the drug was recalled for safety and cardiovascular problems developed in patients taking the medication (Topol, 2004). With nearly $2.5 billion dollars in sales and over 80 million people exposed to the drug, Merck’s recall turned into a public firestorm of litigation cases against the corporation.In this week’s article by Topol, the author addresses the scandal surrounding safety concerns and the drug recall of Rofecobix. Use the Learning Resources as well as 2–4 additional resources from the Walden Library, current events, etc., to consider the facts in the case. Think about the traits and skills of the primary leaders. After considering the issues in the case, work with your group to address possible shortcomings of primary leadership and systemic issues. Also, as a group, think about strategies for improvements that use a systems thinking approach.The Assignment–Part 1:Individual Case Study Analysis (1–2 pages)Create an individual case study analysis that includes:A summary of the facts associated with the case including the primary leadersA description of skills and traits of the primary leaders in this caseReadingsNahavandi, A. (2014). The art and science of leadership(7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.Chapter 4, “Individual Differences and Traits”Genat, B., & Robinson, P. (2010). New competencies for public health graduates: A useful tool for course design. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 34(5), 513–516. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.Mumford, M. D., Zaccaro, S. J., Harding, F. D., Jacobs, T. O., & Fleishman, E. A. (2000). Leadership skills for a changing world: Solving complex social problems. The Leadership Quarterly, 11(1), 11–35. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.Topol, E.J. (2004). Failing the public health—Rofecoxib, Merck, and the FDA. The New England Journal of Medicine, 351(17), 1707–1709. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.Leadership IQ. Test Your Leadership: Are You a 100% Leader? Retrieved from https://www.leadershipiq.com/test-your-leadership-are-you-a-100-leader/Murray, A. (2011). Leadership styles. [Adapted from] Wall Street Journal’s Guide to Management. Retrieved from http://guides.wsj.com/management/developing-a-leadership-style/how-to-develop-a-leadership-style/?mod=WSJBlog
the most widely-used prescriptions withdrawn from
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.