Assignment 1: Changing the SystemRead:Institute of Medicine. (2001). Crossing the quality chasm: A new health system for the 21st century (Report Brief). Institute of Medicine of the National Academies [Web page]. Retrieved from http://www.iom.edu/~/media/Files/Report%20Files/2001/Crossing-the-Quality-Chasm/Quality%20Chasm%202001%20%20report%20brief.pdf.The IOM Report Brief, published in 2001, begins by stating: “The U.S. health care delivery system does not provide consistent, high-quality medical care to all people” (p. 1). The report discusses the problems with the U.S. healthcare system and outlines recommendations for achieving a high quality healthcare system in the future.Since this report was written, how has progress been made? Provide four specific examples that are evidence of whether or not progress has been made in moving toward “a new health system for the 21stcentury.” Two of the examples must be from your personal experience and two examples from documented references.The examples may relate to the Six Aims for Improvement, Ten Rules for Redesign, or the four main areas in regard to changing the environment. Some possible areas to consider:One of the six aims is timely care. Do you know a hospital that has a significant problem with patient waiting time in the emergency department? What has the hospital done to solve the problem and what is the result. The first rule for redesign is: Care is based on continuous healing relationships. Do you know an HCO that has implemented a system of electronic communication between the patient and the provider? One of the four main changes discussed is: Applying evidence to health care delivery. Do you know of a treatment process that is governed by specific practice guidelines in many HCOs, but where physicians continue to use an outdated treatment process? Write a conclusion about whether progress has been made based on your chosen examples. Present the examples and the conclusion in a 6-page paper as a Word document formatted in APA style.
The U.S. health care delivery system does not provide consistent
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.